Privacy door knob hanger – activity
Students create a privacy door knob hanger to further their understanding of private spaces.
- Original author:
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Time required:
- 30 minutes
- School years 3-5
- Relates to these Orbit sections:
- Chapter 1, Robot factory mini-game
- Relates to these Orbit key concepts:
- Public and private spaces
- Curricular area:
- Health and Physical Education, the Arts
- Content types:
- door knob hanger, private spaces
Purpose: To further students understanding of private spaces by creating a privacy door knob hanger for their room.
- door hanger template for each student
- drawing materials for each student
- magazines to cut up for decoration (optional)
Use the door hanger template to create a privacy sign that can be used on private spaces. The door knob hanger indicates that the person in the room is entitled to 20 minutes of privacy. Children can decorate their hanger as an art activity.
Privacy door knob hanger template